Zombies... And Other Creepy Crawlies...



Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Khurasan Miniatures: SF Aliens

The pictures I've seen at TMP looked pretty nice, so I bought:
  • 5 packs (all different) of Space Demons
  • 3 packs (2 different) of Garn (space lizardmen)
  • 1 pack of Vampires
The Space Demons had some pretty cool poses and were very nice sculpts. The only problem was that some had some heavy/thick metal by the elbow joint but this removed easily with a file. Other than that most did not require much clean up.

Shown above are an infiltrator (foreground) and assault warrior (background) with a queen behind a Rebelmini special trooper.

I will try to get some more pictures up soon as I've finished 3 of the 5 packs I purchased.

As cool as these guys were, the Garn are my favs. These guys just look brutal and I am really happy with how my color scheme worked out:

  1. GW Dessert Yellow
  2. GW Devlan Wash
  3. GW Dessert Yellow highlight
  4. GW Rotting Yellow highlight (used sparingly on eye ridge and raised scales near the spine)
I finished one pack this weekend, some pictures below:

Really pleased with this purchase, link to their site:
What I am Working On...
  • GZG Space Civilians (4 of 8 cmp)
  • Khurasan Garn (0 of 5)
  • Rebelminis Civilians ( 8 of 21 cmp)
I am always interested in hearing (and seeing) pictures of how others paint their minis, so let me know if you've done any of the above and what you did.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Nice treatment of the Garn - they look very 'soldierly'.

In fact I like the muted colours you've given to all your minis. It has a 'realistic' feel to them.

Cheers
Mark