Zombies... And Other Creepy Crawlies...



Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cold Wars Zombies




I finished some Cold Wars Zombies (http://cold-war.co.uk/) DWW 12 Cop This pack and Z8 from the DWW 8 Run For It pack, I need to take a picture of the SWAT members when it is sunnier out so they won't look all black. I tried to mimic the uniforms of the Texas State Patrol (so they'd fit in with the other TX zombies/civilians I have, no disrespect intended) and am pretty happy with how they turned out. I used a different skin technique on them, going for a more oxygen starved look:

- GW Adeptus Battlegrey for the base
- GW BAAL Red wash/ink
- Highlights using the GW Adeptus Battlegrey and Ral Partha Dragon Tongue Purple

It was pretty fun painting some zombies again, I need to work on the Star Gate that I also purchased.
I painted one of Khurasan Miniatures Pelagic Scout ships (http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/t1208.jpg <== not my work) that I entered in their painting competition; this is the first miniatures painting contest that I have ever entered, curious to see how many others entered and hopefully pick up some tips on how to improve my work. I went for a completely different color scheme than the one on their site.
What I am Working On...
- Rebelmini's Civilians (12/21 complete)
- GZG Kra'Vak (I bought a few things during their sale)
- GZG Complex (the 15mm buildings)
- Khurasan Miniatures Kark Unit (0/8 complete)
- Khurasan Miniatures Pulp Pack (o/3 complete)
- Khurasan Miniatures Felids (0/10 complete)

No comments: